I started writing this blog as kind of an anonymous way to get my thoughts out there. While it would be beyond amazing to have an award winning, multi-million follower, boo-ku (how do you spell that?) bucks earning blog, I’m rather content where I am at right now. I currently have 35 follwers, and I’m loving it! Now, I know what your thinking “Girl, your 35 followers is pitiful, even my dog’s youtube channel has more than you.”
Well, I have only told 3 people about my blog. My boss, my dear friend Liz, and my husband. Quite frankly, the only reason my husband knows about my blog is because my first post was casually directed straight at/about/because of him. If you haven’t already, you can read it here (seriously though you should check it out, it’s really good). That being said, even though he knows about it, he doesn’t know what it is called or where it is at. He knows I’m out here, but where in the world could I be! If I’m sitting at the computer for any longer than a few minutes, he makes snide little comments and asks if I’m blogging. My response? “Only things about you, darling.”
There are a few reasons why I haven’t told other people.
- I swear a lot. Not in “real life”, just here. You are blessed to read what I really think. I give my husband “the look” if he lets something slide in front of our children. This is the place I can say naughty words and not feel guilty.
- I’m one of the art teachers for my CHRISTIAN homeschool group. I’m sure many of the parents wouldn’t appreciate my opinions on certain matters or my language. (It really has you double thinking all your kid’s teachers, doesn’t it?)
- I’m friends with some bitches. I can’t come on here and bitch about my bitch friends if they are all up on here reading my shit.
- I have awful anxiety and low self-esteem. Hard to imagine right? I’m a serious mess. I don’t want people to know it’s me, because I’m constantly concerned they are going be all judgemental…..and be bitches…
- Some of my blogs posts can be serious and I know that even though my friends may think they know certain situations, they probably don’t know the whole thing. Some things I want to talk about are personal, embarrassing, and emotionally tolling on me and I know they wouldn’t all take it seriously.
And lastly, I love the anonymity of this blog. I love that I can be real to myself, and share my honest thoughts. I love that I don’t need to second-guess myself, and I can just do it.
I appreciate every single follower I have because I don’t know them. They are strangers who took time out of their lives to read my writing and decided it was something they enjoyed, maybe even something they could relate to, and I can’t thank them enough for being apart of my journey<3
Do you friends know about your blog, what do they think about it?